Your estate is made up of everything you own, which includes your personal possessions as well as your home, a car, bank accounts, insurance, furniture and more.
But your wealth is much more than just your financial assets. It includes your purposes, passions, family values, memories and stories that make up your personal legacy.
The purpose of estate planning is to give you the control over how your estate is distributed to the people or organizations you care about, and to preserve your legacy for the next generation and beyond.
Estate planning is also used for a number of other important things, including:
● Providing instructions for your care in case you are unable to do so;
● Naming someone to manage your financial affairs if you are unable to do so;
● Naming a guardian for your children;
● Providing for children or other family members who have special needs in a way that won’t affect government benefits, and protecting loved ones from the “incidents of life” – creditors, predators, and unnecessary taxes;
● Providing protection for your assets, both during your lifetime and after;
● Minimizing taxes and probate fees;
● Planning for retirement and long-term care costs.
This article is a service of the Law Office of Keoni Souza, LLC, an estate planning law firm in Honolulu, Hawaii. We don’t just draft documents; we ensure you make informed and empowered decisions about life and death, for yourself and the people you love. That's why we offer a Family Wealth Planning Session, ™ during which you will get more financially organized than you’ve ever been before, and make all the best choices for the people you love. You can begin by contacting our office today to schedule a Family Wealth Planning Session and mention this article to find out how to get this $750 session at no charge.
DISCLAIMER: All information available at this website are for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney directly regarding your specific situation. Use of and access to this website or any of the email links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the Law Office of Keoni Souza, LLC and any users or any other party.